Saturday, January 8, 2011
Cotton Cheese Cake
2 tbsp Flour
3 tbsp Corn flour
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven 160deg
2. Grease and lined bottom of two 20cm oval pans (*i used 8" round).Wrap outside of the pans in foil
3. Place (A) in mixing bowl and stir over double-boiler until thick. Remove it from double-boiler
4. Add (B) and mix until well combined. Add (C) and mix until well blended. Sieve the lumpy cream cheese batter into a smooth batter.
5. Whip the egg whites in (D) ingredients. Continue whipping until soft peaks. Add it into the cheese mixture from step (4). Mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour the cheese filling onto the prepared pans. Bake in water bath for about 50 mins or until firm and golden brown.
7. When the cake is done, unplug the current, & let the cake cool down inside the oven with the oven door slightly open.
8. When the cake has cool down, chill the cake inside the fridge for a few hours. Make sure the cake has become firm before removing out from the cake pan