180 g butter
400 g castor sugar
1 packet nescafe 3 in 1 (rich)
1.5 tsp chocolate paste
1 tsp vanilla essence
240 g superfine flour
70 g cocoa
0.5 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp soda bicarbonate
(Note: Sift all the ingredient D 3 times)
220 g water
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add sugar and butter mix well or until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs, one at a time and cream well.
5. Add in water and flour alternatively slowly until all the flour and water finish.
Note: Add water first (one time 50 to 60 ml) and mix well then flour then water again fold by flour.
5. Pour into a greased and lined 9" x 9" cake tin.
6. Bake at 180 deg C for 50 min then cover the tin with aluminium foil paper to avoid burning and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Cool cake in pans a few minutes before turning out on a wire rack. When thoroughly cooled then top with topping.
Chocolate Fudge topping:
150 g whipping cream
170 g cooking chocolate
40 g liquid glucose
40 g butter
1 tbsp chocolate paste
1. Heat the whipping cream (slightly hot) then off the fire or double boil.
2. Add in chocolate then fold by butter, liquid glucose and chocolate paste until smooth.
3. Cool until chocolate has slightly thickened before use.
4. Pour the chocolate topping on the cake and decorate can use fork.